How to prepare for an interview with an employer?
1.Prepare a workplace for a Skype interview.
In an interview with an employer, you need to arrive 15 minutes before the appointed time so that the manager of our company can check with you the connection (sound quality and video). It is better to pass an interview with a laptop or a stationary computer. Make sure that the room is sufficiently lit, that the room is quiet, there are no strangers or noise so that nothing distracts you from the interview. The interview can be passed in English only.
Pay attention to how you look during the interview. It is important to have a well-kept, neat appearance. Girls are obliged to wear daytime make-up and hairstyle (you can loose hair), guys must shave and comb their hair before the interview. In clothes it is necessary to adhere to officially business style. In interviews, guys, we recommend wearing a white shirt or T-shirt, as well as trousers or jeans. Girls can wear a white blouse and pants, a skirt or a dress.
3.Read your resume and information about the employer company.
Before the interview, be sure to read your resume, which we sent you in advance to the post office. Also look at the employer’s website, read about the working conditions. This is very important, because You may be asked the question: “What do you know about our company? Why do you want to work with us?”. If you can not answer these questions – the interview can be considered unsuccessful.
4. Grab a good mood for the interview!
Most often, the employer pays more attention not to work experience, but to the behavior of a person during an interview. It is important to be open, sociable and positive at the interview. It is these guys, in the first place, who are offered a job and a contract for working abroad.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS DURING THE INTERVIEW
General questions for the interview:
- Hello, how are you?
- How old are you?
- Where are you from?
- Tell us about your work experience?
- Why do you want to leave your home country?
- What is your main advantages and disadvantages?
- What do you know about our company?
- What are your responsibilities?
- Are you homesick person?
- Are you multitask person?
- What are your salary expectations?
- When can you join our team?
- Why we should select you?
- What difficulties do you face while you are working as…?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Questions for waiter/waitress:
- Do you have experience as a waiter?
- What are your responsibilities as a waiter?
- What wine can you recommend?
- What cuisine does the restaurant have where you work?
- What system of tips do you have?
- How many tables do you serve?
- Are you ready to work overtime according to business’ needs?
- How to serve the table?
- What to do if the guest has a complaint?
- Do you have a bar knowledge?
- Can you make coffee using a coffee machine?
- What program do you use to take an order?
Questions for bartender/barista:
- What do you like in bartending?
- What is your favorite cocktail?
- How to prepare Daiquiri or Mojito?
- How do you handle angry or intoxicated customers?
- Have you ever invented or improved a cocktail? How?
- How would you react if the person is underaged?
- Have you completed any bartender courses?
- Do you feel that is it important to be an excellent communicator while working as a barista/ bartender?
- What is your favorite coffee drink?
- How to prepare latte or cappuccino?
- What type of coffee machines do you know?
- What are your favorite coffee techniques you use?
- Can you name some coffee milk alternatives?
Questions for hostess:
- Why do you want to be a hostess?
- Did you work as a hostess before?
- What reservation programs do you know?
- What to do if all the tables are busy(occupied)?
- Do you know how to deal with VIP guests?
- Tell us about the problem situation when you worked as a hostess?
- How do you find criticism?
- Are you sociable person?
Questions for receptionist:
- Tell us about your work experience as a receptionist?
- What booking programs do you know?
- Tell us about a situation where you needed to manage an upset guest at the reception desk. How did you handle it?
- Have you been on our hotel’s website? What do you think?
- How would you feel about working night shifts?
- What does excellent guest service mean to you?
If you have any questions about interview preparation – please write us by Skype – smartstaff_recruitment